Sick and tired of not being able to afford to insure your vehicles every month? You have the same problem as many other Texas consumers. Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, more options can take longer to locate the cheapest rates.
Buying car insurance in San Angelo is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Texas drivers just need to learn the best way to compare prices on the web.
Save with with these discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on the internet.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Some of the larger companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply in San Angelo.
There are a lot of ways to shop for car insurance, but one way is more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day talking to insurance companies in San Angelo, or you can utilize online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and at least one company returns a competitive quote. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to compare rates, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in Texas. Click here to view list.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but make darn sure you compare identical deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to make a fair rate comparison in San Angelo.
Why you might pay higher rates in San Angelo
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Texas give discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating – Safe vehicles get lower rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Young drivers in Texas have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Liability insurance risk factors in – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Certain vocations pay higher car insurance rates – Jobs like real estate brokerspolice officers and accountants have higher rates than average in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and performers receive lower rates.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most companies will award lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other insurance prices to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local San Angelo insurance agencies
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in San Angelo who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Shown below are agents in San Angelo that can give you price quote information.
State Farm Insurance – 1723 Knickerbocker Rd, San Angelo, TX 76904 – (325) 224-0200
Mc Cutchen Insurance – 4120 Sherwood Way, San Angelo, TX 76901 – (325) 224-0000
Jim Franklin Insurance – 917 S Abe St, San Angelo, TX 76903 – (325) 655-0624
Allstate Insurance – 225 W Beauregard Ave, San Angelo, TX 76903 – (325) 653-8807
Texas Star General Agency – 30 W Beauregard Ave # 2, San Angelo, TX 76903 – (325) 659-5474
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Texas consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the best premium rates by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all convey the message that drivers will save a bundle just by moving to their company.
It sounds good, but how can they all charge less that you’re paying now? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Companies have specific guidelines for a prospective insured that will generate a profit. One example of this type of risk profile could be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns their home, and has a high credit rating. A customer that meets those criteria will qualify for the lowest prices in San Angelo and have a good chance to save a lot if they switch.
Insureds who do not fit this ideal profile will probably have to pay higher premiums with the end result being the customer buying from someone else. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That is how companies can advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, you need to compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting . Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Texas drivers can download brochures, find out industry alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read state legal mandates and laws.
More related San Angelo car insurance information: