Tired of paying out the nose to pay high car insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as many other South Carolina drivers. Consumers have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to find a good deal.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes as often as possible due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best deal a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The purpose of this post is to help you learn how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Although South Carolina car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
To get , there a variety of ways to get quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to comparison shop is to jump online and get quotes. This can be done by using one of the methods below.
- The most efficient method to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form gets prices estimates from several companies.
- Another way to get quotes online requires a trip to the website for each individual company and repeat the quote process. For examples sake, we’ll assume you need rates from Progressive, State Farm and American Family. You would have to take the time to go to each site and punch in your information repeatedly, which can take a lot of time. For a list of companies in Abbeville, click here.
- The least recommended way to compare rates is to drive around to local insurance agencies. Doing it all online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but be sure to compare identical deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you are comparing different values for each quote it’s not possible to find the best deal in Abbeville. Just slight variations in insurance coverages or limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices provides better odds of finding the best rates. Some smaller insurers to not give prices over the internet, so it’s important to compare prices from those companies as well.
Big name companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. They all make the point that drivers can save some big amount just by moving to their company. How is it plausible that every one can claim to save you money?
Companies give the cheapest rates for the right customer that earns them the most money. An example of a desirable risk might have to be married and over the age of 30, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A propective insured that fits those parameters will most likely get cheap auto insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who may not quite match the requirements will be quoted higher premium rates with the end result being business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s why companies can truthfully state the savings.
Because of this risk profiling, you really should get as many as possible. Because you cannot predict the company that will have the best prices.
Discounts for cheap car insurance rates
Some providers don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less could qualify for cheaper prices.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a safe driver course could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get .
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose companies with discount car insurance rates in South Carolina, follow this link.
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
Many people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Abbeville.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Abbeville that provide for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Abbeville
If you are searching for a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agencies are either captive or independent.
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to include a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent agents in Abbeville that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Horton Insurance – 104 Court Sq – Abbeville, SC 29620 – (864) 366-2195
Nationwide Insurance – 805 W Greenwood St – Abbeville, SC 29620 – (864) 366-4706
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Captive agencies can only place business with one company like State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Abbeville captive agents willing to provide price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 115 Main St – Abbeville, SC 29620 – (864) 366-5023
Allstate Insurance – 842 E Greenwood St – Abbeville, SC 29620 – (864) 459-9262
Abbeville Farm Bureau – 1405 N Main St – Abbeville, SC 29620 – (864) 459-5251
To choose from insurance agencies near you, view this full listing of insurance agencies in Abbeville.
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
If you receive positive feedback for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Additional information can be found on the South Carolina Department of Insurance website found here. South Carolina consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, report car insurance fraud, read industry bulletins, and discover disciplinary actions.
More related Abbeville car insurance information:
- Costing Too Much for Auto Insurance in Abbeville Louisiana? Heres How to Save!
- Things You Must Know Before Purchasing Abbeville Louisiana Car Insurance Online
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap car insurance can be bought on the web and with local Abbeville insurance agents, so get from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.