Finding lower premiums on Germantown car insurance is difficult for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a lot of work to compare prices in Germantown.
Fast and Easy Germantown Car Insurance Quotes
There are a variety of methods to shop for car insurance, and some are more efficient than others. You can waste hours talking about coverages with insurance companies in Germantown, or you can stay home and use the web for quick rates.
Most of the best insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to submit one quote, and at least one company then returns a price quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to each individual car insurance company.
To find out what other companies charge click here to open in new window.
The single downside to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly which companies you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in Tennessee. Click to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Germantown. Slightly different coverage limits may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
How can Allstate, GEICO and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you switch to them. How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk might be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher premiums and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Won’t my local insurance agent miss me?
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Now that’s easy! You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Deciding on a company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
The difference between Germantown insurance agents
When finding a reliable agent, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Germantown are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Captive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of captive agencies in Germantown who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group Of Co – 2241 S Germantown Rd – Germantown, TN 38138 – (901) 452-9030
- Allstate Insurance – 1910 Exeter Rd – Germantown, TN 38138 – (901) 755-4100
- Shelter Insurance – 1932 Exeter Rd # 1 – Germantown, TN 38138 – (901) 752-3746
- State Farm Insurance – 2139 S Germantown Rd – Germantown, TN 38138 – (901) 754-6070
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Germantown who can help you get price quote information.
- Jim Stiles Agency – 1930 Exeter Rd – Germantown, TN 38138 – (901) 754-1167
- Kevin Bentley Agency – 2219 S Germantown Rd # C – Germantown, TN 38138 – (901) 755-7002
- Cecil Smith Insurance – 2006 Exeter Rd – Germantown, TN 38138 – (901) 753-4323
- Fowler Insurance and Employee – 3066 Fountainside Dr # 101 – Germantown, TN 38138 – (901) 756-8227
- Rogers Agency – 1910 Exeter Rd – Germantown, TN 38138 – (901) 755-4100
For a complete listing of Germantown insurance agents, go to this page.
Upon getting acceptable answers to these questions as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that will service your policy.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Germantown?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website. Tennessee drivers can file complaints about a company, find out which companies have the most complaints, and read industry bulletins.
Better coverage you can count on
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a small local company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.