I can’t think of a single person who enjoys paying for car insurance, in particular when they are paying too much. Because there are so many different company options, it is very difficult to choose the lowest cost insurer.
Buying car insurance in Sidney is not rocket science. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Montana drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare company rates over the internet.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Sidney
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Big city or small town – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – Auto insurance companies in Montana give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your car insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase when buying car insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
Finding Car Insurance Deals in Sidney, MT
All major car insurance companies give prices for coverage directly from their websites. This process is pretty easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price. Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to many different websites and enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to find the lowest possible prices on car insurance.
There is an easier way!
The easiest way to find cheaper rates requires only one form to obtain quotes from more than one company. It saves time, requires less work, and makes online quotes much easier to do. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can choose any one of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, simply click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a price comparison based on similar coverages.
These discounts can lower your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Montana, follow this link.
Online quotes with a local Sidney insurance agent
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-66.jpg" alt="Montana car insurance prices”/>
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Sidney who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier!
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they full-time agents?
What type of Sidney insurance agent is right for you?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies in Sidney are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive). Both do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
This type of agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below are captive insurance agents in Sidney who may provide you with rate quotes.
Farm Bureau Insurance – 804 S Central Ave – Sidney, MT 59270 – (406) 433-4416
State Farm Insurance – 919 Lincoln Ave S – Sidney, MT 59270 – (406) 482-3115
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Sidney willing to provide price quotes.
Prudential Insurance Co – 113 W Main St – Sidney, MT 59270 – (406) 488-5840
Cal Oraw Insurance – 108 3rd St SW – Sidney, MT 59270 – (406) 482-1312
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in Sidney, please click here.
After receiving reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
More detailed Montana car insurance information can be read at the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance website. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, find out industry alerts, and learn about insurance regulations.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Cheaper car insurance is available online and with local Sidney insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
You just read many ideas to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.