Having to pay for expensive car insurance can bottom out your checking account and force you to make tough financial choices. Having so many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be hard to find the lowest cost car insurance provider.
Consumers need to compare prices once or twice a year since rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rate at your last renewal a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
Shopping for affordable car insurance in Tuttle is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Oklahoma drivers just need to understand the tricks to buy car insurance over the internet.
Car insurance companies offer many types of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having more than one vehicle with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Geico discounts include federal employee, membership and employees, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe vehicle, group or association, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, and company car.
- American Family has savings for Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, accident-free, early bird, and good driver.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, safety device, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good driver, driver’s education, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
When getting , it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurers who offer free car insurance quotes in Oklahoma, click this link.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Tuttle.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Tuttle who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents in Tuttle are considered either independent or captive. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Tuttle that can give you competitive price quotes.
Tuttle Insurance – 402 E Main St – Tuttle, OK 73089 – (405) 381-2326
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are highly trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Tuttle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Additional reading for car insurance information
Much more information about car insurance in Oklahoma is located on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Click here for link. Oklahoma drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find disaster information, learn about specific coverages, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can lower your car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding . You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or Geico.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.