Expensive car insurance can empty your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest rates.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally because insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. So just block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to save on car insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Poplar Bluff is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Although Missouri car owners benefit from understanding how insurance companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Where Can I Get Cheap Poplar Bluff Car Insurance?
Most major insurance companies give price estimates on the web. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the system gets your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote determined by many factors. Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s very important to perform this step if you want to find a better rate.
The quickest way to compare car insurance pricing uses one simple form to obtain quotes from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online shopping much easier. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the quote results. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and could lower your rates considerably.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter your coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Car insurance providers like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change to them. How does each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile must pay higher rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Smart Buyers can Save Money
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Insurance companies in Missouri generally give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers in Missouri are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married actually saves money on your car insurance policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent car theft.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Missouri areas regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means more change of being in an accident.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t list every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying car insurance.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will compete for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby.
Selecting a company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
The type of insurance agent you choose is important
When looking for an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Poplar Bluff agents are categorized either independent or captive.
These agents can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. Captives cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are captive insurance agents in Poplar Bluff who can help you get comparison quotes.
Farmers Insurance Group – 925 W Pine St – Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 – (573) 686-1185
Shelter Insurance – 621 Vine St – Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 – (573) 785-8771
Allstate Insurance – 203 N Westwood Blvd – Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 – (573) 686-1197
State Farm Insurance – 3366 S Westwood Blvd – Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 – (573) 785-1441
Farm Bureau Insurance – 682 Highway 142 – Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 – (573) 785-4629
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are Poplar Bluff independent agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Brooke Insurance and Financial – 1111 Mansion Mall Dr – Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 – (573) 686-5001
Capital Insurance and Assoc – 4809 West Blvd – Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 – (573) 686-5070
For a full directory of car insurance agents in Poplar Bluff, visit this link.
Upon receiving acceptable answers to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
Better coverage you can count on
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cheap car insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Poplar Bluff agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional detailed information is available at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Missouri drivers can find out industry alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, and view agent and company licensing information.