Finding the lowest price for Cabot car insurance can seem like an uphill battle if you’re new to online quoting. But don’t be discouraged because it’s actually quite easy.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
What impacts Cabot insurance rates?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- Performance level impacts rates – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Getting married can get you a discount when buying car insurance. It means you’re more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Occupations like doctors, social workers and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates due to job stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like actors, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arkansas DMV.
- Sex matters – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Fast and Easy Cabot Car Insurance Quotes
All the larger car insurance companies such as Geico, State Farm and Progressive quote prices for coverage online. The process is fairly simple as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once entered, the company’s rating system collects credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to many different websites and enter the same data into a form gets old quite quickly. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the lowest car insurance rates.
A quicker way to compare rates uses one simple form to return rates from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the returned quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. This process takes less than 15 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
Save $381 a year. For real?
Car insurance providers like Geico, State Farm and Progressive consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change to their company. How does each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher premiums and this can result in business not being written. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you should get as many quotes as possible. It’s not possible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
To choose insurers offering car insurance discounts in Arkansas, click here to view.
Much more information about car insurance in Arkansas is available on the Arkansas Insurance Department website through this link. Arkansas drivers can report car insurance fraud, learn about insurance regulations, read consumer alerts, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Quote often and quote early
People switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims or even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
Budget-conscious car insurance can be purchased online and with local Cabot insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.