Nobody likes having to buy auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the best rates possible.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Cape Elizabeth is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Maine drivers do need to learn how insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Free Cape Elizabeth Auto Insurance Quotes
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from different in Cape Elizabeth, MEinsurance companies. One of the best ways to compare insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done in several different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies.
- A different way to get comparison quotes consists of visiting each company website and request a quote. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from GEICO, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in Cape Elizabeth, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it’s not possible to find the best deal in Cape Elizabeth. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when comparison shopping, having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding the best rates.
Discounts are basically free money
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in school.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Learn more about auto insurance in Maine
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the website for the Maine Bureau of Insurance found here. Maine consumers can learn about specific coverages, read industry bulletins, and find out which companies have the most complaints.