I can’t think of anyone who enjoys paying for auto insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to discover the definitive best rates possible.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison in Laurel
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from different in Laurelinsurance companies. The quickest method to find competitive insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The recommended way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates from many national carriers.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online is going to the website of each company and request a quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from USAA, 21st Century and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Laurel, click here.
- The least recommended way of getting rate comparisons is to waste gas driving to local Laurel insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional advice of a local Laurel agent. You can, however, price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you are comparing identical coverages and limits with every price quote. If you have mixed coverages it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best in Laurel. Having just a slight variation in limits could mean much higher rates. Just remember that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
But don’t I need an insurance agent?
Some people would rather sit down with an agent. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy! You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Independent or Captive: It’s your choice
When finding a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Laurel can either be captive or independent (non-captive).
Captive agents write business for a single company and examples are Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Laurel willing to provide price quotes.
Mike Peters State Farm – 617 Main St – Laurel, MD 20707 – (410) 792-7666
American Family Insurance – 13 C St – Laurel, MD 20707 – (301) 953-1294
Allstate Insurance – 13 C St – Laurel, MD 20707 – (240) 568-4148
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Laurel independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Ronel Associates Insurance – 595 Main St # 235 – Laurel, MD 20707 – (301) 490-2226
Insurance Credit Svc – 303 Gorman Ave – Laurel, MD 20707 – (301) 317-5415
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Laurel, visit this site.
After receiving positive feedback to all your questions and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles.
Even more information is located at the Maryland Insurance Administration website. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, find out industry alerts, download brochures, and learn about insurance regulations.