If you’re new to shopping for car insurance online, you may be confused due to the large number of online car insurance companies and websites offering insurance in Eunice.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. The purpose of this article is to help you learn how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. But Louisiana consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
To choose providers who offer car insurance discounts in Eunice, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Eunice.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will battle for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby.
The different types of insurance agents
When researching a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Eunice are either captive or independent (non-captive).
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below are independent agencies in Eunice who can help you get pricing information.
- Hodges Insurance Inc – 421 S 4th St – Eunice, LA 70535 – (337) 457-1579
- Charles Aguillard Agency Inc – 1241 E Laurel Ave – Eunice, LA 70535 – (337) 457-5231
- American Partners Insurance – 250 W Maple Ave – Eunice, LA 70535 – (337) 457-5776
Captive agencies are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use a captive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of captive agencies in Eunice who can help you get price quote information.
- Eunice Farm Bureau Insurance – 1050 W Laurel Ave – Eunice, LA 70535 – (337) 457-5406
- Allstate Insurance – 336 W Laurel Ave – Eunice, LA 70535 – (337) 457-8438
- State Farm Insurance – 1110 W Laurel Ave – Eunice, LA 70535 – (337) 546-6501
For a complete listing of car insurance agents in Eunice, simply jump to this page.
Deciding on an insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to your questions as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Car insurance providers like State Farm and Allstate continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all make an identical promise of big savings after switching your coverage to them. How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable customer might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A customer who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile must pay higher prices which leads to the customer not buying. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. This is how companies can state the savings.
This illustrates why you should get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Additional Louisiana car insurance resources
Additional car insurance information can be found on the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. Louisiana consumers can download brochures, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about a company.
Keep this in mind
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for car insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, poor customer service and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
When shopping online for car insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.