Finding the best price on Bremerton car insurance might seem complicated at first if you have never used online quotes. But don’t let that discourage you because we’re going to show you how.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons periodically because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to save on car insurance.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to get lower rates and still get good coverage. This article will help you learn how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. Washington drivers just need to understand the proper methods to compare price quotes online.
What determines how much you pay?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine rates.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Some car insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
How to Compare Bremerton Car Insurance Rates
Most companies give prices for coverage online. Getting online quotes is pretty easy as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system pulls your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest possible prices on car insurance.
A quicker way to lower your rates makes use of a single form to return rates from more than one company. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes online quotes much more efficient. After sending your information, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the quotes returned. If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To save time and compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Washington consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies make an identical promise that you can save if you move your coverage to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t meet this ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. Because of the profiling, drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest rates.
Take discounts and save
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Washington, follow this link.
Buying car insurance from a local agent
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Educated insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Bremerton who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
To view a list of agents in Bremerton to contact, please view this page.
Once you have satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurer that will provide car insurance coverage.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Washington?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, read industry bulletins, and file complaints about a company.
More effort can pay off
We just presented a lot of tips how to lower your car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.