Finding lower rates for Leominster auto insurance can seem to be difficult for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real hassle to find lower rates in Leominster.
Why your price might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
What if I want to buy from a local Leominster agent?
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Is a captive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When researching a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Leominster are either independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company but instead can place your coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Leominster willing to provide price quotes.
- Judy A Mendolusky Insurance – 176 Pleasant St – Leominster, MA 01453 – (978) 534-8537
- Protector Group Insurance – 975 Merriam Ave # 202 – Leominster, MA 01453 – (978) 537-4301
To view a complete directory of licensed insurance agents in Leominster, visit this site.
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles.
To find out more about Massachusetts auto insurance
More detailed Massachusetts auto insurance information can be found at the Massachusetts Division of Insurance website. Consumers can view a list of available companies, read consumer alerts, and file complaints about a company.
Smart consumers save more
You just read a lot of techniques to lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable auto insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Leominster, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.