When trying to find more affordable insurance, are you confused by the wide range of car insurance companies in Millbrook? You have so many companies to choose from that it is more work than you anticipated to find a cheaper company. Everyone knows that Millbrook is a great city to raise a family in, but high car insurance prices can make it nearly impossible to afford good insurance coverage.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates at least once a year because car insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates six months ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There are a lot of ways to save on car insurance online, but you can learn a lot of great tips on how to save money.
Shopping for the best coverage in Millbrook is quite easy. In a nutshell, every driver who carries car insurance most likely will be able to lower their premiums. Although Alabama drivers can benefit from knowing how companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide details like how much education you have, if you lease or own, how much you drive, and how you use your vehicles. That rating information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. All the ads have a common claim that you’ll save big if you change to them. How do they all have lower policy pricing?
Most companies offer their best rates for the type of insured they prefer to insure. One example of a profitable customer may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no claims, and has a high credit rating. A customer that meets those criteria will get low auto insurance rates and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t meet this stringent profile will see higher rates which usually ends up with business not being written. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements.
That is why drivers should do a quote comparison often. Because you never know which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Take policy discounts and save
Some insurance providers don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down could earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurers who offer cheap car insurance quotes in Alabama, click here.
Local Millbrook auto insurance agents and car insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Millbrook.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Millbrook who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Millbrook agents are considered either independent agents or captive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Millbrook who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Liveoak Agency Inc – 4791 Main St – Millbrook, AL 36054 – (334) 285-2881
- Gene Jones Insurance – 3347 Highway 14 – Millbrook, AL 36054 – (334) 285-1700
- Mike Devers Insurance Inc – 100 Deatsville Hwy – Millbrook, AL 36054 – (334) 285-3662
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are Millbrook captive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 5300 Oak Tree Rd – Millbrook, AL 36054 – (334) 285-2246
To choose from agents near you, visit this full listing of Millbrook car insurance providers.
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Alabama?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you receive good responses to these questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Alabama?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Additional information is located on the found here. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, find out industry alerts, report car insurance fraud, and view a list of available companies.
One last thing about your coverage
Discount car insurance can be found both online and with local Millbrook insurance agents, so you need to with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.