Buying budget-priced Clarksville car insurance might seem impossible for drivers new to online price comparisons. When there are so many insurance companies available, how are drivers expected to have time to compare all the different companies and get the lowest price available?
You should take the time to compare prices periodically because prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best deal on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to use the internet to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from lots of Indiana car insurance companies. The best method to find cheaper rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It’s really quite simple and can be done in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- One of the fastest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This style of form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for every car insurance company. One quote request gets rate comparisons from many national carriers. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, Progressive and Farmers. In order to compare rates, you need to go to each individual site to enter your coverage information, which can get rather old.
To view a list of companies in Clarksville, click here.
- The least efficient method to compare price estimates is physically going to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting and buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible to compare the best prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but make sure you use the exact same quote data for every quote you compare. If each company quotes different coverage information it’s not possible to determine which company has the best rates in Clarksville. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. And when quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies increases the change that you will find a better price.
Indiana car insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when getting a .
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Clarksville may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for annual mileage, ease of repair, location of vehicle, multi-car, and good student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, accident-free, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and defensive driving.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, federal employee, military active duty, driver training, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
Before buying, ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Clarksville.
Informative consumer insurance sites
Even more information is available at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find a variety of consumer forms, get help finding coverage, and learn about specific coverages.
These articles may also be worth reading.