Tired of being strong-armed to make your auto insurance payment? Your situation is no different than many other drivers in Rhode Island. Due to the abundance of insurance providers from which to choose, it’s nearly impossible to choose the lowest price insurance company.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates is to understand almost all companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data including your job, your credit rating estimate, which vehicles you own, and how much school you completed. That information is instantly sent to multiple top-rated companies and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To find lower rates now, click here then complete the form.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a .
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. But any discount will definitely reduce your overall bill.
To view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Exeter, follow this link.
More consumer information in Rhode Island
More detailed Rhode Island auto insurance information can be read at the Rhode Island Division of Insurance Regulation website. Visitors are able to find a variety of consumer forms, get help finding coverage, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The following information may also be useful.