Paying for expensive car insurance can draw down your bank account and force you to make tough financial choices. Comparing rate quotes can help to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Due to the increasing number of options when it comes to car insurance, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the most cost effective car insurance provider.
You need to compare premium rates at least once a year because car insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates two years ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to find affordable car insurance.
You may qualify for discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that have these benefits include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer discounts in Kansas, follow this link.
Components of your insurance costs
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Occupation reflects on prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like military personnel, executives and miners tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as professors, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
- Liability protection is cheap – Liability coverage kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Safer vehicles means better car insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your car has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Marriage can save on car insurance – Being married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage means you’re more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Independent versus captive insurance agencies
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Mulvane.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Mulvane that can give you and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Types of car insurance agents in Mulvane
If you’re trying to find a local Mulvane insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Mulvane are categorized either captive or independent.
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you should always compare quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Mulvane who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Ron Paul Insurance – 211 W Main St – Mulvane, KS 67110 – (316) 777-9028
Gary Mc Guire Insurance – 1214 N Rock Rd # B – Mulvane, KS 67110 – (316) 777-4167
These type of agents work for only one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Captive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agents in Mulvane that are able to give comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 113 E Plaza Ln – Mulvane, KS 67110 – (316) 777-1157
Shelter Insurance – 107 S 1st Ave – Mulvane, KS 67110 – (316) 777-4103
To select from agents near you, view this directory of Mulvane Kansas insurance agents.
Picking a car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Mulvane?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Be skeptical of car insurance ads
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, Geico and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. They all make the point that you can save after switching your policy. That’s great but how can every company give you a lower rate? It’s all in the wording.
Many companies have specific criteria for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk should be between 25 and 40, has no claims, and has excellent credit. Any customer who fits that profile receives the best premium rates and have a good chance to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who do not fit these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate which leads to the customer not purchasing. The ad wording is “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save the amount stated. That is how companies can truthfully make those statements.
This really emphasizes why drivers must compare as many as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
More information is located on the through this link. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, get help finding coverage, and report car insurance fraud.
Best coverage at the best price
When you , you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some car insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents. More affordable car insurance is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.