Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to insure your vehicles every month? You are no different than many other Massachusetts drivers.
Big companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons occasionally because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest price a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.
Comprehensive Waltham Car Insurance Comparison
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance quotes, but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could waste a few hours driving to insurance companies in Waltham, or you could save time and use online quotes for quick rates.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and each company returns a competitive quote based on that data. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to every company.
To get comparison pricing now click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is that you can’t choose which insurance companies to get pricing from. So if you want to choose specific providers to compare prices, we have a page of car insurance companies in Massachusetts. Click to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverages with every price quote. If you compare mixed coverages you will not be able to determine the best price in Waltham. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate lower pricing.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheaper car insurance can be found on the web and with local Waltham insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price.