Shopping for cheap Wenatchee car insurance over the internet can be difficult for people who are new to buying insurance on the web. Because there are so many insurers to choose from, how can you possibly compare the different rates to find the cheapest rates?
Buying car insurance in Wenatchee is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Although Washington vehicle owners do need to understand the way companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Wenatchee, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Buying car insurance locally
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Wenatchee who will battle to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy! Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Who are their largest clients?
Below are Wenatchee car insurance companies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Country Insurance & Financial – 111 S Chelan Ave, Wenatchee, WA 98801 – (509) 745-8238
- Farmers Insurance Group – 330 N Wenatchee Ave, Wenatchee, WA 98801 – (509) 662-7131
- Randall L Davis Insurance Inc – 29 N Chelan Ave, Wenatchee, WA 98801 – (509) 662-1887
- Central Agency – 125 S Delaware Ave, Wenatchee, WA 98801 – (509) 663-0091
- Allstate Insurance – 235 N Mission St, Wenatchee, WA 98801 – (509) 664-4000
- State Farm Insurance – 234 S Mission St, Wenatchee, WA 98801 – (509) 662-2251
To view a full list of insurance agents in Wenatchee, click here to link.
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurance company that will provide car insurance coverage.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Car insurance providers like Geico, State Farm and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. They all make the same claim about savings if you move to their company. How can each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer could possibly be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who matches those parameters receives the best rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why it’s extremely important to get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Additional detailed information is located at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, read industry bulletins, and discover disciplinary actions.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Lower-priced car insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many Wenatchee insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.