Nobody I know looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high. You have so many insurers to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Finding affordable coverage in Lovelock is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Nevada drivers just need to learn the most effective way to buy car insurance online.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
How to Buy Lovelock Car Insurance Online
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can take time and effort if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with agents in Lovelock, or you could use online quoting to maximize your effort.
All the larger companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and at least one company can provide price quotes based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose the insurers to get pricing from. So if you want to choose individual companies to compare rates, we have a page of companies who write car insurance in Nevada. View list of Nevada insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare the exact same coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Lovelock.
Lovelock Rates are Influenced by These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most car insurance companies give discounts to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are for economy passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Nevada give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Can you really save $404 a year?
Consumers in Nevada can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change to their company.
How do they all claim to save you money?
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer might be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher premiums and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully claim big savings. Because of the profiling, you should get quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
You just read a lot of ways to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Cost effective car insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Lovelock, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Learn more today
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the Nevada Division of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and file complaints about a company.
The following information may also be useful.