Paying for high-priced car insurance can empty your bank account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparison shopping is a smart way to lower your monthly bill.
With consumers having so many different company options, it can be hard to locate the lowest cost insurance company.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest price a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Waco may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Waco, follow this link.
Low Cost Waco Car Insurance
All major car insurance companies quote coverage prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing is pretty easy as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. After you complete the form, their rating system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on these and other factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit several different sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to do this if you are searching for the lowest car insurance rates.
The quickest way to find cheaper rates utilizes a single form to obtain quotes from more than one company. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the price quotes you receive.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. This process only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Texas?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Waco?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Quote often and quote early
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Discount car insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Waco agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.