Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people in Wahpeton just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO constantly blast consumers with ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons quite often since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best price a couple years back there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance online, so I’m going to show you the easiest ways to buy car insurance cheaper.
Free Wahpeton Car Insurance Quotes
All the larger car insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get pricing online. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their system will order your credit score and driving record and provides a quote. Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a better rate.
There is a better way to compare rates
The preferred way to lower your rates requires only one form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes comparison shopping much easier. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any one of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly find out how much you can save on car insurance, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some insurers provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Tickets mean higher rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem good initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teen drivers in North Dakota have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teen driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- High deductibles save money – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Wahpeton, click here.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
And the best car insurance company is…
Low-cost car insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Wahpeton agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional information is located on the website for the North Dakota Insurance Department found here. Consumers can get help finding coverage, find out industry alerts, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.