Finding affordable Blaine auto insurance is always challenging for consumers new to buying insurance online. You have so many choices that it can easily become a big hassle to compare prices in Blaine.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best deal on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Blaine, click this link.
Blaine Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
Cutting your Blaine auto insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating separate forms for each company. One form submission will get you price quotes from many national carriers. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A different way to obtain and compare quotes online requires visiting the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Farmers, Esurance and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Blaine, click here.
Whichever way you use, compare apples-to-apples information with every price quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best in Blaine.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart consumers save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable auto insurance can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Blaine, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.