Are you tired of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? You are no different than many other drivers in Idaho. With consumers having so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to choose the most affordable company.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around at least once a year since rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding the best rates in Gooding is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these tips. Idaho consumers just need to learn the most efficient way to get comparison rates online.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Gooding Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
Getting a lower price on insurance is actually quite simple. Just spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for separate forms to each individual auto insurance company. One form will return quotes direct from many companies.
- Another way to analyze rates consists of going to each company’s website to request a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from USAA, GEICO and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Gooding, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage information for each price quote. If each company quotes differing limits you will not be able to determine the best price in Gooding.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The following are some of the items companies use to determine your rates.
- Drive less and save money – The more miles you rack up on your car each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your auto insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Increase deductibles and save – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as judges, social workers and accountants have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Idaho give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit rating is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your by repairing your credit.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Idaho?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
In the end, you save
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Idaho Department of Insurance website. Idaho drivers can report car insurance fraud, get help finding coverage, find out which companies have the most complaints, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.