Are you at wits end from sacrificing to pay auto insurance each month? You have the same problem as the majority of other consumers in Indiana. Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices before your policy renews since rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use the internet to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Greenfield is quite easy. Indiana vehicle owners just need to know the tricks to shop online.
Are you qualifying for every discount?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you complete an application, but occassionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Theft Deterent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Greenfield Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to spy on driving patterns remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, multiple policy, passive restraint, safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, air bags, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen driver, 55 and older, defensive driver, and student driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
If you need , ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Learn how to lower your auto insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Being married reduces risk – Being married can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and receive fewer citations.Teen drivers tend to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Your occupation may affect auto insurance rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like lawyers, business owners and medical professionals generally have the highest rates in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like actors, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Captive versus independent insurance agencies
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Greenfield who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Greenfield?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is there a local claims center in Greenfield?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Greenfield?
When researching a reliable agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either captive or independent. Both insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are captive insurance agents in Greenfield who can help you get comparison quotes.
Shelter Insurance – 704 N State St # A – Greenfield, IN 46140 – (317) 462-2556
Farm Bureau Insurance – 540 W Green Meadows Dr – Greenfield, IN 46140 – (317) 462-9255
Allstate Insurance – 1220 W Main St # G – Greenfield, IN 46140 – (317) 462-7760
American Family Insurance – 330 N State St – Greenfield, IN 46140 – (317) 467-9549
State Farm Insurance – 1111 W Main St # I – Greenfield, IN 46140 – (317) 462-1231
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below are Greenfield independent insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Greenfield Insurance and Fin Svc – 11 American Legion Pl – Greenfield, IN 46140 – (317) 462-3307
Applegate Insurance – 1538 N State St – Greenfield, IN 46140 – (317) 462-6699
Insurance Plus Agency Inc – 1229 W Main St – Greenfield, IN 46140 – (317) 462-7292
To view additional insurance agents in Greenfield, click for a complete selection of Greenfield Indiana insurance agencies.
Learn more about Indiana auto insurance
More detailed Indiana auto insurance information is located at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about a company, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Lower Pricing from Greenfield Car Insurance Companies
- Proven Techniques for Buying Cheaper Greenfield, WI Car Insurance
- Never Compare Greenfield, OH Auto Insurance Without Knowing These Money Saving Methods
Auto insurance savings summarized
There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Budget-conscious auto insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare auto insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.