I can’t think of anyone who enjoys paying for auto insurance, in particular when the cost is way too high.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the absolute lowest rate possible.
Auto Insurance Comparison Rates in Wichita Falls
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from different in Wichita Fallsinsurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons from several companies.
- A more time consuming way to get quotes online requires you to visit the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare Liberty Mutual, 21st Century and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Wichita Falls, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using identical deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you use different liability limits you can’t possibly make a fair comparison in Wichita Falls. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find better pricing.
Discounts are basically free money
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Additional information can be read on the website for the Texas Department of Insurance found here. Consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, read industry bulletins, read consumer alerts, and learn about insurance regulations.
A little work can save a LOT of money
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.