Having to pay for expensive car insurance can bleed your checking account and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
There are many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find a good deal.
Buying car insurance in Woodland Park is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. But Colorado vehicle owners must comprehend the way companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable Colorado car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their car insurance company to analyze driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and Geico permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with slightly better rates than normal.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of your policy.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Esurance includes discounts for safety device, homeowner, defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, online quote, and good driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, bundle, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, and good student.
- Geico may include discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, federal employee, air bags, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, and defensive driving training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not apply in your state. For a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here.
More detailed Colorado car insurance information can be found at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, learn about specific coverages, get help finding coverage, and learn about insurance regulations.
Be persistent and save
You just learned many ways to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, Geico and Nationwide.
Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Low-cost car insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.