If you are new to online price comparisons, it’s easy to be confused thanks to the incredible selection local agents and online companies all offering big savings in Parker.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage before your next renewal because rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate a couple years back a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to quote online to lower your annual insurance bill.
Cheaper Arizona auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you with select insurance companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids living away from home attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a driver safety class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will help reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in every state.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Arizona?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Arizona?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Parker insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Parker.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information gets sent to companies in Parker who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
In order to find an insurance professional in your neighborhood, please view this directory of Parker, AZ auto insurance agents.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Auto insurance coverage options
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical expenses, attorney fees, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15,000/30,000/10,000 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your vehicle.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10 in Arizona), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive auto insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills like nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Additional auto insurance information is located on the website for the Arizona Department of Insurance through this link. Arizona consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about insurance regulations, get help finding coverage, and find out industry alerts.
Other related articles:
- Tightwads Guide for Saving on Parker Colorado Car Insurance
- Tightwads Guide for Saving on Parkersburg, WV Auto Insurance
- Proven Methods for Buying Parkersburg, WV Auto Insurance Cheaper
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper auto insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Parker agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.