Scraping up a payment for overpriced auto insurance can overdraw your personal savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to cut your insurance bill. Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, Geico and Allstate increase brand awareness with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Fast and Easy Ammon Auto Insurance Quotes
There are multiple methods to compare auto insurance prices but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to local insurance agents in Ammon, or you could save time and use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most major companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and each company then returns a price quote determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly which carriers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare rates, we have a page of auto insurance companies in Idaho. View list of Idaho insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, compare identical quote information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to make a fair comparison in Ammon.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. They both have accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Lower rates come with age – Teen drivers in Idaho are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a young driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some companies provide better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Idaho motor vehicle department.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Idaho provide discounts to people who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Idaho, click here to view.
But I want to work with a local agent
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agencies is definitely important in Ammon.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will compete for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. Now that’s easy!
If you prefer to view licensed agents in Ammon, visit this link.
Selecting a company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Idaho?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found an provider that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Cheap auto insurance is available online and with local Ammon insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, Geico and Nationwide.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
For more Idaho auto insurance information
Additional information is located on the website for the Idaho Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Idaho drivers can learn about specific coverages, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and view a list of available companies.
The following information may also be useful.