Nobody that owns a car looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are through the roof. People have so many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates yearly because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best quotes two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
This information will instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. But Wisconsin vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Are you earning every discount?
Auto insurance companies do not list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Paperwork-free – A few car insurance companies give back up to $50 digitally online.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting car insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO discounts include good student, seat belt use, federal employee, driver training, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- USAA offers premium reductions for loyalty savings, annual mileage, new vehicle, safe driver, family discount, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, air bags, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, good student, paid-in-full, Switch & Save, homeowner, and DriveSense.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, good student, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in your state. For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
More information about car insurance
Much more information about car insurance in Wisconsin can be found on the through this link. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, find disaster information, and read consumer alerts.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Burlington
- Paying Too Much for Car Insurance in Burlington? Heres How to Save!
- Professional Tips to Saving Money on Burlington Vermont Auto Insurance
- Free Quotes for the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates From the Best Insurance Agents in Burlington
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
As you , make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Discount car insurance is available online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.