If you are new to getting , you can easily be baffled thanks to the vast number insurance agents and companies that all say they have the best rates.
Consumers need to do price comparisons on a regular basis because car insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest rates a year ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. There is lot of inaccurate information about car insurance online, but I’m going to show you the best ways to lower your car insurance premiums.
Take advantage of every car insurance discount
Some insurers don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a .
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you with certain companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get cheaper premium rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Kearney drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance has savings for renters, good student, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, new move discount, multi-policy, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for good student, safe driver, paid in full, multiple vehicles, paperless, company car, and safe vehicle.
- Geico includes discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Kearney. To view insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Missouri, click here.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Local Kearney insurance agents and car insurance
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Kearney who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
The different types of car insurance agents
When finding an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Kearney can be categorized as either captive agents or independent agents.
Captive Insurance Agencies
Captive insurance agents can only write with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Captive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Captive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of captive insurance agents in Kearney who can help you get rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 305 S Platte Clay Way # B – Kearney, MO 64060 – (816) 628-6001
- Shelter Insurance – 301 S Jefferson St – Kearney, MO 64060 – (816) 628-6930
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agents in Kearney willing to provide price quote information.
- Mulder Rick Insurance – 300 N Platte Clay Way # C – Kearney, MO 64060 – (816) 903-5433
- Progressive Insurance Co – 15515 Applewood Ln – Kearney, MO 64060 – (816) 635-9940
To view more Kearney insurance agents, link to this directory of car insurance agents in Kearney, MO.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Car insurance providers like Progressive, Geico, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to say the same thing about how much you will save if you just switch your coverage to them. How does every company claim to save you money? It’s all in how they say it.
Insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. An example of a profitable insured should be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who fits those characteristics may get the lowest prices in Kearney and will save if they switch.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for these stringent criteria may be required to pay a higher premium and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save the amount stated. That is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you really should compare rate quotes every year. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rates.
More Missouri car insurance information
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Missouri consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, download brochures, and find disaster information.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Kearney
- Learn How to Pay Less and Get More for Kearney Nebraska Auto Insurance
- Never Compare Kearney, NE Car Insurance Without Knowing These Money Saving Techniques
- Follow These Tested Techniques for Paying Less for Kearney Auto Insurance
Summing up your car insurance search
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for car insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting . You may be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
The cheapest car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When searching for , it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.