Think you have high-priced car insurance? It’s a common feeling and there are lots of Marion residents who feel the same. Multiple auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the lowest cost out there.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Marion is not that difficult. But Indiana car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to sell online and use this information to your advantage.
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance prices but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You can spend countless hours talking to insurance agencies in Marion, or you can utilize online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Many companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to complete one form, and each participating company then returns a price quote. This saves time by eliminating form submissions to each individual car insurance company. To participate in this free quote system, click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly the companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a page of companies who write car insurance in Indiana. View list of Indiana insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you compare the same quote data for each quote you get. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to determine the best price in Marion. Slightly different limits could mean much higher rates. Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
Discount Marion car insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies will provide an incentive on the web.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the cost of coverage.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, youthful driver, teen driver, homeowner, and pay in full.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, good driver, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including preferred payment discount, new move discount, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and new graduate.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find , ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state. To see companies who offer car insurance discounts in Marion, follow this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Learn more today
Additional information can be found on the website for the Indiana Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Indiana consumers can get help finding coverage, find a variety of consumer forms, file complaints about a company, and learn about specific coverages.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Marion