When searching for more affordable insurance, are you intimidated by the wide range of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? Many other people are as well. Drivers have such a large number of options that it can easily turn into a real difficult job to find lower premium rates. Newport is an awesome place to live, but inflated auto insurance prices makes it very hard to pay other bills every month.
You should take the time to price shop coverage at least once a year since insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest price a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find better coverage at a better price.
Six things that influence your prices
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
- Men pay more for insurance coverage – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? – The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the miles on your car annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Verify your policy is rated on annual mileage.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Prices and your address – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Discount Newport auto insurance quotes
Some insurers do not advertise every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you .
- Claim-Free Discount – Newport drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on when compared to bad drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies give back up to $50 for signing up online.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your policy cost.
Companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Newport.
Don’t I need to get advice from an insurance agent?
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agents is still important in Newport.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a local Newport insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Newport may be either independent agents or captive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Newport that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Insurance Center Inc – 30 S Main St – Newport, NH 03773 – (603) 863-7465
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy from captive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Newport?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
How much auto insurance do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Some additional reading
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the through this link. Consumers can find out industry alerts, learn about specific coverages, and get help finding coverage.
The following information may also be useful.
Persistence pays off
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered many ideas to shop for auto insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper auto insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Newport, so you need to with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.