Nobody enjoys paying for auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive persitently shower you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propoganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Buying car insurance in Salem is not rocket science. Virginia drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Virginia, follow this link.
Additional detailed information is available at the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website. Virginia consumers can file complaints about a company, report car insurance fraud, and get help finding coverage.
The following information may also be useful.
- Best Car Insurance Exclusively for Salem Residents
- Spending Too Much for Auto Insurance in Salem, NH? Heres How to Save!
- Five Minute Guide to Finding a Salem, OR Car Insurance Agent
Keep this in mind
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Salem agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.