No car owner enjoys paying for auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. Vehicle owners have many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rates at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to lower your auto insurance rates.
Finding the best rates in New Castle is not that difficult. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to find better prices and still get good coverage. Indiana vehicle owners just need to learn the best way to compare rates online.
Take policy discounts and save
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may receive reduced rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a .
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to track vehicle usage remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting coverage on a new car can save up to 30% since new vehicles are generally safer.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Geico policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good driver, accident-free, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, multi-car, distant student, teen driver, alternative fuel, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, paid in full, paperless, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple vehicles, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, newly married, safety features, new graduate, newly retired, multi-car, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- USAA offers discounts including family discount, military installation, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, defensive driver, and safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Five tips to get lower New Castle auto insurance costs
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Your stress level may be raising your prices – Jobs like military personnelairline pilots and medical professionals generally pay the highest rates because of intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations such as professors, students and homemakers get better rates.
- Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Accidents drive up premiums – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten flagrant citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Too many insurance claims will drive premiums up – Auto insurance companies in Indiana generally give discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Getting quotes from local New Castle auto insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in New Castle who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long has their agency been open in New Castle?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Shown below is a list of car insurance companies in New Castle that can give you price quotes.
Lewis Insurance – 311 Parkview Dr, New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 521-6070
Ameriana Insurance Agency Inc – 1908 Bundy Ave, New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-5049
State Farm Insurance – 318 Parkview Dr, New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-8755
Cronk-Mc Craine Insurance – 819 Broad St, New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 521-9682
Allstate Insurance – 1824 Bundy Ave, New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-0707
Farm Bureau Insurance – 151a Wittenbreaker Ave, New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-1000
After receiving positive responses to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an provider that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Consumer auto insurance information in Indiana
Even more information can be found at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Consumers can view a list of available companies, read consumer alerts, discover disciplinary actions, and read industry bulletins.
Other related articles:
- Techniques for Paying Less for New Castle Delaware Car Insurance Rates
- Paying Too Much for Car Insurance in New Castle Pennsylvania? Heres How to Save!
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When getting , never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting . Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate, Geico and Progressive.