Finding affordable Concord auto insurance is challenging for beginners to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many options that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to compare prices in Concord.
You need to compare prices once or twice a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to put money back in your pocket.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Concord, follow this link.
How to Get Concord Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Getting a lower price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. You just have to take the time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. One simple form will get you price quotes instantly.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more difficult way to compare prices requires you to visit each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Allstate, Safeco and GEICO. To get each rate you have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Concord, click here.
- The hardest method to compare rates is to spend time driving to local Concord insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare exactly the same information for every company. If you compare differing limits it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best in Concord.
Decisions you make can impact your rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- A clean driving record saves money – Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your by repairing your credit. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is the minimum liability in North Carolina?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Comparing rates from local agents
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you peace of mind. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local businesses is important especially in Concord.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will battle for your business. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Now that’s easy!
Auto insurance agents in Concord come in two varieties
When researching a local agent, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be independent or captive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.Many can place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Concord that can give you comparison quotes.
- Burchfield Insurance – 60 Union St S – Concord, NC 28025 – (704) 785-8493
- Dennis Hairston Agency – 354 Geo W Liles Pkwy NW # 10 – Concord, NC 28027 – (704) 786-2611
- Choice One Insurance Svc Inc – 2050 Kannapolis Hwy – Concord, NC 28027 – (704) 786-1213
- Joyner Agency – 597 Deveron Pl NE – Concord, NC 28025 – (704) 788-2225
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are captive insurance agencies in Concord willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance Co – 354 George W Liles Pkwy NW #10 – Concord, NC 28027 – (704) 786-2611
- State Farm Insurance – 795 Concord Pkwy N # 1 – Concord, NC 28027 – (704) 795-9207
For a full directory of captive insurance agencies in Concord, go to this page.
Deciding on an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
After getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance.
Best coverage at the best price
Cheaper auto insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Concord agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how to get a better price on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company.
When you buy insurance online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional North Carolina consumer information
More information is available on the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. North Carolina consumers can download brochures, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Other related articles: