Finding the best price on Farmington car insurance can be difficult if you’ve never compared online rate quotes. But relax because finding affordable coverage online is easier than you think.
How to Get Car Insurance in Farmington, ME
Reducing your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is take time to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The best way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. One form will get you price quotes . This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices requires visiting the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, Safeco and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Farmington, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverage information on every quote you get. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be impossible to make a fair comparison in Farmington.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Farmington may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Farmington, follow this link.
More detailed Maine car insurance information can be found at the Maine Bureau of Insurance website. Consumers can find disaster information, find out industry alerts, and discover disciplinary actions.
More related Farmington car insurance information:
A tidy conclusion
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.