Are you burned out from robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You have the same problem as many other people in Utah. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to find the best rates.
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You can waste a lot of time discussing policy coverages with agents in Providence, or you can utilize online quoting to maximize your effort.
Most of the larger companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers complete one form, and each company then returns a price quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for form submissions for every car insurance company.
To compare pricing click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify which companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have a listing of companies who write car insurance in Utah. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make absolute certain that you use equivalent coverage limits with every price quote. If you compare mixed coverages you will not be able to make an equal comparison in Providence. Just slight variations in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. And when comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding the best offered rates.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every disount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Good Student Discount – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down could earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you but check with your company.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can save you money since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Providence, click this link.
How your Providence prices are determined
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. People in densly populated areas regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Driving citations mean higher premiums – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single chargable violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have serious violations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Gender and insurance prices – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Why do you need liability protection? – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
More detailed Utah car insurance information can be found at the Utah Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, learn about specific coverages, and find a variety of consumer forms.
The following information may also be useful.
- Learn How to Pay Less for North Providence Rhode Island Auto Insurance
- Expert Techniques to Cheaper East Providence, RI Auto Insurance
- Learn How to Shop For Providence, RI Auto Insurance Like a Professional
Why you might not save $401 a year
Well-known car insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your car insurance coverage to their company. Is it even possible that every company can charge you less for auto insurance? Here is the trick they use.
Many companies quote their best rates for the driver that will be a good risk. For example, a desirable risk might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. Someone who matches that profile will get a cheap rate quote and will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who may not quite match the requirements will probably be forced to pay a higher premium and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen closely, the ads state “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims like that. This really illustrates why you absolutely need to do a quote comparison often. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will provide the lowest auto insurance rates.
Buy online or local, you save
Cheap car insurance is available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.