Confused by the sheer number of car insurance companies in Smyrna? Lot’s of other consumers are too. Consumers have so many options available that it can be a real hassle to find better rates.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because insurance rates change frequently. Just because you found the best rates two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to show you the tricks you need to know to find lower rates on car insurance.
Comprehensive Smyrna Car Insurance Comparison
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local in Smyrnacar insurance companies. The recommended way to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons . This is by far the quickest method.
- A harder way to analyze rates consists of going to each company website to request a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Farmers and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Smyrna, click here.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using the exact same coverages and limits for every company. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to determine the best price in Smyrna. Having just a slight variation in coverages can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that more quotes helps you find a lower rate.
Discounts can save BIG
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who live away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Smyrna can help you save on car insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Smyrna, click here to view.
Why your price might be higher
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your by repairing your credit.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, vandalism, or theft. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Performance level impacts rates – The performance level of the car you drive makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many car insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Cheap car insurance is available online in addition to many Smyrna insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent or delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Additional consumer information websites
Much more information about car insurance in Tennessee is available on the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website found here. Tennessee consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, discover disciplinary actions, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
More related Smyrna car insurance information: