Price shopping your Afton car insurance is always challenging for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. Drivers have so many choices that it can easily become a ton of work to find lower rates in Afton.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons quite often because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Finding affordable coverage in Afton is quite easy. Basically, anyone who is required by state law to have car insurance will be able to save money. But Wyoming vehicle owners do need to understand how insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Factors that affect insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Wyoming motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents.
- Older drivers pay less – Teenage drivers in Wyoming are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a teenage driver to your policy can break the bank. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
Afton Car Insurance Comparisons
All the larger car insurance companies quote coverage prices on the web. The process is quite easy as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the system will obtain credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
Online quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit different websites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the best price on car insurance.
The better way to compare rates
The quickest way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form to obtain quotes from more than one company. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much simpler. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose any or none of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. This process only takes a few minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
In order to get comparison pricing now, click here and submit your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads make the same claim of big savings after switching to their company. How does each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. Any driver who matches those parameters receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be charged a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. That is why you need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies don’t always advertise every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts in Afton, follow this link.
Price shop online but buy from a local Afton agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Afton who will compete for your coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Now that’s easy! It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How are they compensated?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long has their agency been in business in Afton?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
The following are agents in Afton who can help you get price quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 538 S Washington St, Afton, WY 83110 – (307) 885-3276
- Rigo Chaparro Insurance Inc – 707 N Washington St, Afton, WY 83110 – (307) 886-5296
- Farmers Insurance Group – 331 N Washington St, Afton, WY 83110 – (307) 885-5203
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 538 S Washington St, Afton, WY 83110 – (307) 885-3276
- Tom Davis Agency – 746 S Washington Blvd, Afton, WY 83110 – (307) 885-3892
- State Farm Insurance – 707 N Washington St, Afton, WY 83110 – (307) 885-5296
To view a complete directory of insurance agents in Afton, simply jump to this page.
Upon getting positive feedback to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located a company that will provide car insurance coverage.
More detailed Wyoming car insurance information can be found at the Wyoming Insurance Department website. Wyoming drivers can learn about insurance regulations, read state legal mandates and laws, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The following articles may also be useful.
Do the work, save more money
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Afton, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.