If you are a novice to online auto insurance shopping, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of companies selling insurance in Ely.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Ely is not rocket science. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Nevada drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop online.
Factors that affect insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as lawyers, business owners and dentists have the highest average rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers get better rates.
- What are your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit rating is a important factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Always keep insurance in force – Not having insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Ely, follow this link.
What about using a local agent?
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you peace of mind. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Ely who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Now that’s easy!
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has their agency been in business in Ely?
To view a list of agents in Ely to contact, please view this page.
Upon receiving positive feedback to all your questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a company that can insure your vehicles.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is the minimum liability in Nevada?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Even more information can be found at the Nevada Division of Insurance website. Nevada consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find a variety of consumer forms, and get help finding coverage.
The following information may also be useful.
- Lowest Auto Insurance Exclusively for South Jordan, UT Residents
- Lowest Auto Insurance Exclusively for Memphis Tennessee Residents
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Low-cost auto insurance can be sourced on the web and with local Ely insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.