Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance companies in Sidney? You’re not the only one! There are so many options available that it can quickly become a ton of work to find the perfect company for you.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Sidney is quite easy. In a nutshell, every vehicle owner who carries auto insurance most likely will be able to find lower rates. But Nebraska vehicle owners do need to learn how big insurance companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- More people means more accidents – Living in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Your credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your by repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Comparing auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You could spend your day talking about coverages with local insurance agents in Sidney, or you can stay home and use the web for quick rates.
Many companies enroll in a system that enables customers to submit their information once, and each company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose which insurance companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Nebraska. View list of Nebraska insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using apples-to-apples quote information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have mixed coverages it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best in Sidney. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps you find the best price.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find disaster information.
These articles may also be worth reading.
- Buy Sidney Auto Insurance Like a Penny-pincher
- How to Find a Good Auto Insurance Provider in Sidney
- Tricks for Saving Money on Sidney Montana Car Insurance Rates
In the end, you save
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just read a lot of techniques to shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.