Are you drained from wondering where the money will come from to pay your auto insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other Mississippi drivers. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best price two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn the best ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Aberdeen is not rocket science. Mississippi consumers just need to know the proper methods to buy auto insurance online.
There are several ways to compare auto insurance quotes, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to insurance agencies in Aberdeen, or you can utilize online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most car insurance companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company provides a quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you don’t know exactly which providers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in Mississippi. Click here to view list.
The method you choose is up to you, but be sure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage information with every price quote. If you have different liability limits you will not be able to make an equal comparison in Aberdeen.
Drivers save money with with these discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you . If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Telematics Discount – Aberdeen drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, multiple autos, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple policy, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, federal employee, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate has discounts for defensive driver, farm vehicle, new car, premier discount, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, and pay-in-full.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Aberdeen, click here to view.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Mississippi drivers can find out industry alerts, find disaster information, learn about insurance regulations, and read consumer alerts.
The following information may also be useful.